Your contribution will be much appreciated...


I cannot comprehend my reasons of not seeking any effort on updating my prize possession (for me anyways) of Moga Tribune for over a year. So much had happened with other commitments arising (and more commitments) and allowing for this blog to quietly hit the endless storage centre of Google archive. Until, that is, of having a rather intriguing discussion recently.

As I set myself out for lunch with the family at the beautiful resort of Lido Beach one afternoon, I had, from the corner of my eyes, caught two youths halfway through a discussion with a heavy usage of finger pointing. Now, three thoughts had raced upon my mind when the finger pointing had refused to back down.

I either have:

A: Family member(s).
B: Social Media friend(s).
C: Unwanted trouble. (You can always expect the un-expected).

I sat down cautiously with the family while staring optimistically through my Ray Bans in order to figure out this far-away conversation while over-lining option C out of the listed expectations (thankfully).

 Finalizing my latte (and a bunch of selfies later), one of the individual had approached with simple but encouraging note: “I USE to follow your blog.”

“What do you mean use too?” I replied with a sarcastic tone and slightly bothered.

“Well, not anymore. Since you quit writing on us.”

“Use too”. Now that hurt a lot. Almost receiving a sting by a mother bee (Those who know, know) although that’s for another story. Nobody wants a past tense. I didn’t either.

“I’ve ran out of stories” I reluctantly replied with a heavy sigh.

“So why don’t you inquire us on twitter, maybe we can help” I’d received with a firm answer.

“Well, I might very well have to do that then!” I jabbed back.

I think you can gather very well where I’m going with this right? Bingo.

Without any further delays, I have now paid my dues. With dignity. And honor.

I kindly ask my readers if there are any stories out in Mogadishu and its revival you’d like to hear about to please either forward me by email (mogatribune@gmail.com) or tweet me. 

All I need is the subject.



Any topics you have on mind, more than welcome.

-->

-->

Comments